07 3708 7272
Root canal treatment
When you need a therapy for the root canal:
Root canal therapy is a dental surgery that removes the nerve or dental pulp of the tooth. This is often needed when trauma or, more often than not, tooth decay has damaged the nerve of a tooth. Root canal therapy is often an option for tooth extraction and often requires retention/saving of damaged teeth. All dentists are trained in root canal therapy, but patients may be affected.
What is the procedure ?
There are three components in a dental implant, a post, a plug, and a crown. The dental implant is an artificial continuous tooth that is used to substitute a missing tooth or which is used to keep a denture. The implant post stimulates the root of the tooth in the jaw bone. The connector is positioned on top of the implant pole, also known as the pillar. The top of the implant is the Crown. It provides a natural tooth appearance to the dental implant.
What happens during a root canal?
Here is a step-by-step guide to how the procedure saves your tooth:
- Your dentist makes an opening through the top of the tooth down to the pulp chamber.
- The injured or dead pulp is taken out and the root canals are irrigated and medicated.
- A temporary filling is placed in the opening at the top of the tooth in order to protect it between procedures. Alternatively, the tooth may be left open to drain for a couple of days.
- The temporary filling gets removed and the pulp chamber and root canal(s) are cleaned then filled.
- A crown is placed over the tooth. The endodontist performing the treatment will advise you to see your dentist to complete this last step.
- Most patients report that having a root canal treatment today is as unremarkable as getting a filling.
Where can i get a root canal?
It’s important to visit a dentist that provides a high-quality and reliable solution for your dental treatment. Poorly trained dentists may miss a canal that is causing you problems or a crack in the root of your tooth. This leaves you exposed to the reintroduction of bacteria in that area and can result in the need for a repeated root canal. By visiting Pearl Radiance Dental Studio approved dentist, you are assured quality care and can save up to 40% off root canal therapy by joining Dental Studio. With over 2,000 quality approved dentists across Australia, there’s sure to be one near you.