07 3708 7272
TOOTH COLORED RESTORATIONS
Our dentist can restore your teeth to their natural shape and appearance using white fillings.
Dental fillings are used to restore cavities and bring a damaged tooth back to its usual function and shape. At Pearl Radiance, we use amalgam-free fillings that are made from resin and can be matched perfectly to the shade of your teeth. White fillings can be used in repairing chipped or broken front teeth, masking discolouration, enhancing the shape of front teeth, correcting the bite and filling cavities in the back teeth.
Benefits of White Fillings:
- Aesthetic – Due to the fact that the composite restoration can be closely matched to the colour and shade of your natural teeth, it is well suited for use in areas or on teeth that are visible.
- Bonding – Composite restorations bond to the tooth structure chemically, which provides a strong support to the tooth.
- Versatility – Tooth coloured restorations are able to be used for a variety of treatments, including but not limited to decaying teeth, chipped teeth, broken teeth or worn down teeth.
- Preparation –In cases where tooth structure needs to be removed, such as when there is decay, tooth coloured restorations allow for the minimal amount of the tooth to have to be removed
How happens when I get a filling?
- Your dentist will first gently numb the area of the mouth using a local anaesthetic.
- The decayed area of the tooth, if necessary, will be removed using dental handpieces and diamond burs.
- Your dentist will check that all of the decay has been removed by probing the affected area during the removal procedure and staining it with a decay-detecting agent.
- Then your dentist will clean the cavity of additional bacteria and debris in order to prepare the area for the restoration.
- The tooth coloured material is then applied in layers, with a special light that “cures” / hardens each layer as it is applied.
- Once the layering process is completed, your dentist will shape the composite material, trimming off any excess material, and polishing it accordingly.
- Once the final restoration is applied, your bite will then be checked to ensure that it is functioning properly